Welcome to our blog

Read up on how we are doing in India. Follow us from Kolkata to Kerala...and now back again.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday Morning Football

In a sign that we are adjusting to our surroundings, today can be considered a rather ho-hum day in Kolkata. The highlight--at least for me--was listening to the first half of the Chiefs' season opener online. They played the Chargers on Monday Night Football, and the game started at the ungodly time of 9:15 PM in the US. But this meant that I could listen to it as I got ready for class this morning. Had to leave after Dexter McCluster's electrifying punt return. The crowd sounded awesome, and it was good to hear Mitch and Len though I am thousands of miles away. The fact that the Chiefs won (unexpectedly) was an added bonus.

I told Matt my roommate about the game and I added off-handedly that I was "kind of disappointed" I did not get to watch it on TV. He laughed, "You Americans. Always complaining about what you miss back home. I don't get why you even leave in the first place."

The next Chiefs game will be harder to follow, since game time for Sunday's contest versus Cleveland will begin at approximately 10:30 PM my time. Any 3 o'clock games this season would start at 1:30 in the morning for me. Oh well, the Twenty20 Champions League cricket tournament is on pretty regularly. I will always have that...

No comments:

Post a Comment